Monday, November 9, 2009

costa rica

I thought I'd share some pictures from my trip to Costa Rica in March 2008. This was my first time to ever go to Costa Rica, and also my first time to meet Danny's family. I was so nervous! Danny was living in Costa Rica finishing up his last semester of college and I was living at home. When he picked me up from the airport it was the first time we'd seen each other in 6 weeks. I was so happy to see him that I almost started crying! This is one of the first pictures I took driving into San Jose on the way to Danny's house.


This is Danny, myself and his friend Gomez. We went out to eat and have some drinks the first night I got there. I knew Gomez from Disneyworld and was so glad to see him, too!


This is a picture of our first day on the beach at Playa Samara. It took us a five hour bus ride through the mountains to get there. I almost had a panic attack when we were driving right on the edge of the mountain because I am deathly afraid of heights! The beach just looks so beautiful and serene in this picture.


Danny taking a dip in the ocean. The beach was not crowded at all. It was so relaxing.


I was just taking it all in. It was amazing!


These are little huts right on the beach where people live.


Playa Samara (Samara Beach)




We were sitting at an outside bar right on the beach, and I thought this was the perfect picture of complete and total relaxation.


I didn't take surf lessons, but we did ride a banana boat out in the ocean. It was so fun.


Look at the plane behind us! This was in Playa Carrillo, another beach nearby Samara.


Sunset in Samara.


Danny, myself, Gomez and Tatiana


We stayed at Danny's friend's beach house in Samara. This is Danny cooking breakfast for the whole group one morning - there were about seven of us!


This is us walking up the mountain to the top of the volcano.


Looking down into the volcano.


About to go ziplining through the rainforest! I think the name was Sarapiqui. We took a boat ride through the river then rode horseback to get to this rainforest.


The boat ride to the rainforest.


On the river!






Playa Samara


This was a little beach restaurant that I thought was so pretty.


I have tons more pictures of my trip but thought I would just share a few. Danny is going back to Costa Rica for Christmas this year and he'll be gone for two weeks. I'll miss him but we have been apart for far longer than that so I know I can handle it! Danny wants to eventually (maybe 10 years from now) buy a house in Costa Rica and have one here as well. He also wants our children to spend their summers in Costa Rica with his parents so they will know both cultures. Pura Vida!

1 comment:

Muthering Heights said...

What a lovely place!! It sounds like a nice visit!