Tuesday, May 6, 2014

20 weeks

Well it was bound to happen eventually!  I totally skipped my 19 week post...oh well, what can you do.  Here are a few iPhone photos I snapped at 19 weeks:



Last week was crazy.  On Monday we had tornados rip through town and it was the most scared I have EVER been during a tornado.  Danny and I were in the guest bathroom with pillows and blankets and I was absolutely hysterical (I'm sure being 19 weeks pregnant didn't help).  We had our dog in there with us and the radio plugged up, and they had the meteorologist on the radio saying moment by moment where the tornado was headed.  At one point he said it was headed right to our area and our neighborhood.  I was crying so hard and just praying over and over that it would pass.  One of the scariest moments of my life.  When we heard the weather man say that it was north of us and had passed us I was so relieved, but I still didn't get out of the bathtub for nearly 20 minutes.  Talk about a moment to put it all in perspective.  Thank you Jesus for protecting us.  

On Saturday we had Danny's graduation from Belhaven.  He got his master's of business administration (MBA)!  So proud of my sweet husband.


And now I'm 20 weeks!  I cannot believe I am half way through this pregnancy.  It feels like yesterday that we found out I was pregnant.  What a precious gift from God.  Thank you Jesus!  I can never thank You enough!



Size of Baby: According to What to Expect, our baby is the size of a mango!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: At my last appointment two weeks ago I had gained 6lbs.  I'm sure I'm up even more now!

Maternity Clothes: Yes! I'm basically wearing the same three outfits over and over again ha!  I guess I need to buy a few more things.  Dresses and maxi skirts are my best friend!

Gender: It's a precious baby BOY!!!!!! We are so excited!

Belly Button In/Out: In (but it is definitely starting to poke out a little)

 Stretch Marks: Not yet

Labor Signs: No

Movement: He is moving like crazy!  It is sporadic but when he moves I can definitely feel it.  I've tried to get Danny to feel him move but I think it is still too light to feel from the outside.

Sleep: Sleep is good just horrible congestion every single night!

What I miss: Not a thing :)

What I am looking forward to: Finalizing nursery plans!  We have a crib and have painted the room.  I'm going to refinish a dresser for the changing table.  We still need a glider and crib bedding.

Cravings/Aversions: Pizza, strawberries, apples, coke, doughnuts, sweets!

Symptoms: Super dry congested nose, and cramping/stretching in tummy.  My stomach got super hard (almost like Braxton Hicks) last week but the nurse said it was too early for BH and that I was probably dehydrated (not unusual for me) and I need to drink more water.

Best Moment This Week:  I got my diaper bag in the mail and I've almost finished our registry!

No comments: