Wednesday, May 14, 2014

21 weeks

I don't know what it is but lately I just think Danny is funnier than ever.  I mean I am laughing out loud ALL the time at him.  Nonstop laughter.  He is just hilarious!  When I showed him the photo below he told me my belly looked Homer Simpson....you have to know him I guess to appreciate it but I thought it was so funny.  He also said he wants to start carrying around flashcards to answer the same pregnancy questions he gets asked over and over again ha! (When are y'all due? girl or boy? was she sick? do y'all have a name picked out?) I just love spending time with him and he's making my pregnancy so enjoyable.

Throughout my pregnancy I have let fear and anxiety and worry creep up on me from time to time and I know it is the devil trying to steal my joy.  God gave me this PRECIOUS miracle and I will not let satan take that away from me anymore.  I prayed yesterday that God would take away my worries and give me a peace beyond understanding.  I am surrendering this to Him!  

Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 1:6


Size of Baby: According to What to Expect, this week he is the size of a banana (that seems so big to me!).

Total Weight Gain/Loss: At my last appointment two weeks ago I had gained 6lbs.  I will find out on Monday how much more I've gained.

Maternity Clothes: I need to get a few more items to round out my maternity wardrobe. I am LOVING soft, comfy dresses, maxi dresses and maxi skirts.  I also live in maternity tank tops - the BEST!

Gender: It's a precious baby BOY! *Luca James Bolaños*

Belly Button In/Out: In (but it is definitely starting to poke out a little)

 Stretch Marks: Not yet (slathering on cream every night to hopefully avoid this as long as possible)

Labor Signs: No

Movement: He is a little wiggle worm! He moves mostly in the late afternoon and at night.  I was driving today and he kicked so hard that I could actually see it from the outside!  I couldn't believe it - such a sweet moment and I even teared up.  I love connecting to my little man!

Sleep: Sleep is pretty good right now.

What I miss: I really can't think of anything that I truly miss.  I actually really love being pregnant!

What I am looking forward to: Our ultrasound on Monday - love getting to see his sweet little face!

Cravings/Aversions: Um I am eating everything in sight. So hungry.  Pizza, doughnuts, strawberries, apples, bread, etc!

Symptoms: For the first time ever I know what heartburn is like - yuck!  It started this week.  I've also continued having Braxton Hicks - super sporadic and random whenever it happens.  Lower back pain and it's getting harder for me to hop up and down off the floor during my newborn sessions.

Best Moment This Week:  We finally ordered our glider!  I love the fabrics we chose and cannot wait for it to arrive!

No comments: