Thursday, May 29, 2014

23 weeks


Size of Baby: According to What to Expect, this week he is the size of a papaya (around 8 inches and 1.2 lbs)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: As of one week ago I had gained 13 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: I am almost exclusively wearing maternity clothes now!  LIVING in dresses (maxi and short).  I foresee lots of dresses this summer to keep me cool!

Gender: It's a precious baby BOY! *Luca James Bolaños*

Belly Button In/Out: In...but starting to poke more and more out.

 Stretch Marks: Yes :(  a few on my legs, but none on my stomach.

Labor Signs: I had a little scare on Sunday...I was continually cramping for over 1.5 hours along with random tightening of my stomach.  I called the on-call nurse and she told me to take a warm bath and drink a huge glass of water and go to sleep.  I went to the doctor the next day and my blood pressure was low (92/70) but doctor said not a problem.  They hooked me up to the monitor for like 20-30 minutes and did not detect any contractions (praise the Lord!).  She also checked my cervix and it was closed.  Everything was good!

Movement: He is a little wiggle worm!  He moves in the morning, late afternoon and late at night.

Sleep:  Sleep is good except for the horrible heartburn at night when I lay down and insane dreams!

What I miss: Not a thing! :)

What I am looking forward to: I can't wait to finally be in the 3rd trimester in 3.5 weeks!

Cravings/Aversions: Sweets, pizza, apples, broccoli - really anything!

Symptoms: I had never had heartburn in my life before this pregnancy.  It's gotten so bad at night recently that I've had to take Tums to relieve it.  I think Luca is going to be born with a full head of hair with all this heartburn!  Also having CRAZY dreams haha.  Cramping and round ligament pain.

Best Moment This Week:  Getting the all clear on Monday - sweet baby boy is doing just fine!! God is so good!  I also starting swimming at my gym this week and it makes me feel so good!  Love getting a little workout in when I can.

No comments: