Friday, June 4, 2010

our big vacation

After talking about it for nearly a year and a half, we finally planned [and booked] our big vacation. We will be spending a week in Jamaica in September! We are staying at the Sandals Grande Ocho Rios...it is all-inclusive and it's also a couples resort which means no kids (I do love children but it will be nice to a have an adult vacation). I've been to Jamaica once before when I was 15 and we stayed at Beaches, which is the family counterpart to Sandals. I can't wait to experience it as an adult with my husband.

We are so excited! It took a little persuading to get Danny to come around since he hates spending money, but I think he knows that once we have kids we won't be as likely to take vacations like this. I added a little countdown to the top of my blog and realized that we are leaving in 3 months! I just can't contain my excitement. The last time I have been out of the country was my trip to Costa Rica in March 2008.

Beside all the activities available on the resort (scuba diving, sailing, kayaking) there are tours operated offsite by third parties. We're going to do the Bob Marley 4x4 Jeep Tour which takes you through the mountains to St. Ann's Parish where he lived...you even get to see his house! Danny loves Bob Marley so he is so excited about this tour.

Let the countdown begin :)

No comments: