Wednesday, June 9, 2010

our weekend

We're having a BBQ party at our house this weekend and we're inviting all the neighbors on our cul-de-sac. We moved into our house last October and are still settling in (believe it or not, it takes forever). It is a new neighborhood filled with starter homes, and most of our neighbors are in their twenties or early thirties (lots of newlyweds). Since moving into our home we've had several parties with our friends, but we haven't really gotten to know our neighbors besides the casual small-talk you have when checking your mailbox. So I am really excited to have everyone over this weekend! Danny cut our grass yesterday and will finish weeding and edging they yard today. We also bought new outdoor furniture because the set we were using was from when I was in college and it was time for an update. I also put little invitations in our neighbors mailboxes yesterday. Now all I have to do is clean the house - yikes.

Danny is also running his first half-marathon on Saturday! He has been practicing every single day and I know he is going to do great. We bought him new running shoes and everything ;) I think he inherited his athleticism from his dad - he's been running marathons since Danny was 2 years old.

Please say a prayer that everything goes well! I will take lots of pictures and will share them with you on Sunday.

No comments: