Tuesday, December 7, 2010

holiday blessings

We've had a few really busy weeks around here! I'm really behind in blogging, so I'll start with our thanksgiving!

My parents spent the week of thanksgiving in Montana visiting my older brother who lives in Whitefish. While they were out of town, Danny and I kept their little maltese puppy, Bella. She is the sweetest dog ever! I love her. My little brother Tyler drove down from Oxford on the day before thanksgiving and spent the night at our house. We all got up on thanksgiving morning and watched the Macy's Parade...then we started cooking our turkey and sides around 11am.
The meal took about 2 hours to cook and it was our first time to cook a turkey by ourselves! We had turkey, green bean casserole and cheesy mashed potatoes. Not as much as my parents normally cook, but it was delish and my brother was such a big help! Thanks, Tyler! We enjoyed each other's company and were reminded of how blessed we were to have food on the table. We give all thanks to Him.

We went Black Friday shopping again this year (remember our hilarious time we had last year?). We went to Wal Mart at midnight and it was PACKED. Literally, we could not even push our buggy down the aisle. We didn't really go for any specific item this year, but we had fun last year so wanted to see if we could find any good deals again this year. We got a bunch of DVDs for $2 each, an external hard drive, a new luggage set, etc. We got home around 1:30am and we were both exhausted from fighting the crowds. Danny had to work the next day and I ended shopping a little more because I was off work. I think I've almost finished all my Christmas shopping!

We are finished putting up our decorations and I love how this season makes me feel. My birthday is on Christmas Day and I'm dreaming of a white Christmas this year!

We went to our Sunday school class' tacky Christmas party last weekend and it was so fun! It was a progressive dinner party which I had never done before. It was different and really got me in the Christmas spirit! Danny and I spent all last week rehearsing for our church's Christmas play - he was the innkeeper and I was Ruth. We performed the play this past Sunday at church and we had so much fun. The message was strong, the music was touching and I am so glad we were able to participate.

We found out tonight that Danny's younger brother, Christian, will be flying to Mississippi to spend 10 days with us this Christmas! We are SO excited! He arrives on December 22nd and Danny is about to burst - we can't wait to see him!

I'll touch base again soon! Happy Holidays!

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. -Romans 8:38-39


1 comment:

LWLH said...

Great to catch up with you....hope you have a good holiday!!