Tuesday, December 1, 2009

holiday madness

I haven't posted in a few days because we have just been so busy. Where do I begin? I'll start with my sister flying in town early Thursday morning from Los Angeles. She comes straight to my house from the airport and informs me that the airport has lost her luggage. On Thanksgiving day...what a nightmare. So she borrows some clean clothes and we all head over to my parents house around noon for Thanksgiving lunch, and the airport assures her that she will her luggage will be found and delivered to my parent's house within the hour (what a joke). My parent's had prepared a delicious meal - turkey, dressing, corn casserole, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, spinach & artichoke casserole, and buttered rolls. It was so good and we all drank way too much wine and ate way too much food. After lunch, we all hung out at my parent's house. It was so relaxing. My sister and I then go shopping to find her something to wear until she gets her luggage back (by this time it is nearly 6PM). After shopping for new clothes, she finally gets her luggage delivered at 10PM. Like I said, what a nightmare. Hubby and I then went to our house to get some sleep. His friend Jack came over and slept in one of our guest rooms because he was waking up with us to go to the Black Friday sales. That's right - we actually went shopping on Black Friday. Our alarms went off at 3:30 AM and Jack & I were at Walmart by 3:50 AM. Hubby went to Target and got there at 4AM. The reason we split up was because there was a HP Laptop that was on sale at Walmart for $298 and a 40 inch TV at Target for $450. Can you believe it?! We desperately needed a bigger tv for our living room, and thought that we could probably use a new laptop, too. The reason Jack went with me to Walmart is because Danny's dad wanted a new laptop too and they are really expensive in Costa Rica, so we bought one for him that Danny will bring with him when he goes to visit in a few weeks. Anyway, so Jack & I get in line for the laptop we want (yes each item has its own line) at 4AM and we each receive a numbered ticket. After waiting in line for forty five minutes, the manager walks up and asks who has number 57. We looked at our tickets and saw that we had 47 & 48. The manager walks back to the lady that has number 57 (there had to be like 75 people in line for this one item) and tells her that only 1-56 will receive laptops. And of course she gets pissed. I mean really mad...as in screaming. Did I mention that the store is so packed that there is no room to even have a buggy in front of you? It was crazy. So 5AM rolls around and the line finally starts moving and we both get laptops! Meanwhile, Danny had to wait in line outside of Target in the freezing cold for a whole hour. When they opened the doors at 5AM, he ran sprinted inside the store to the very back where the tv's were, and he got the huge 40 inch tv and dragged it through the store all the way to the check out counter. He said it was madness. We got home around 6AM and went straight to bed because Danny had to be at work at 10. It kind of felt like we were the Griswold family. But only for a second.

Danny opening our new TV! It felt like Christmas morning :)

So that's our Thanksgiving story. Ahh, how I love my family. 

Happy Holidays!!!

1 comment:

Sarah Denley said...

wow! So, I awarded you something on my blog!