Thursday, December 30, 2010

lay me down

The last couple of days have been really sad. Two people I know (including my brother's old roommate) passed away within two days of one another.

When someone dies, I usually turn my thoughts to God and pray for the family. I then pray for the ones who passed away, knowing they found their place in Heaven. He is a just God and I know our eternal home is far greater than anything we will ever experience here on earth.

When I look toward 2011, I know that anything can happen. I find my peace in knowing that He will guide and watch over me. The things I pray for in the new year are continued good health and happiness. I pray Danny and I continue to grow in our walk with the Lord and we help one another along our spiritual journey. But all I can ever really ask for has been given to me - my Father's love.

If I die young, bury me in satin,
Lay me down in a bed of roses.
Sink me in the river at dawn,
Send me away with the words of love song.
The sharp knife of a short life,
But I've had just enough time.

Rest in peace, boys.

No comments: