Monday, December 7, 2009

numbers

At this exact moment life is a little bittersweet. I feel like my life is all about numbers right now. Eighteen days until my twenty third birthday. Wow, I feel old. Just kidding. Hubby leaves for Costa Rica in fifteen days - right before my birthday and Christmas (which happen to fall on the same.exact.day.). He'll be gone for fourteen days. He will miss five holidays (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, my birthday, New Year's Eve and New Year's day). My sister and brothers fly in town on the nineteenth and will be here for seven days. We are having a Christmas party at our house in five days. My dad's sixtieth birthday is in two days. The rest of my life? Well, that starts today. No numbers there. Just faith :)


I guess you can’t do countdowns your whole life...you just have to live and let God do the counting for you.

2 comments:

AsheAnn said...

bittersweet. I love the last sentence. so true. God is counting for all of us!

LWLH said...

I'm sorry your hubby won't be there for the holidays...but I couldn't agree more with your last sentence.