Monday, June 27, 2011

summer so far

We've had a busy summer so far! The first weekend in June we drove up to Nashville for my best friend from highschool's wedding. Cayla was beautiful and the wedding was just perfect.
It was at a farm outside of Nashville in Ashland City. We had so much fun! The band was amazing and the setup looked stunning.
We danced the night away and had such a blast. I am so happy for Cayla and Ryan! :) 
The next week Danny's mom, Maritza, arrived from Costa Rica to stay with us for 10 days. It was her first time to see our house and I just love her SO much!
I hadn't seen her since our wedding in 2008 so it was so good having her here. She is the sweetest woman in the world - so loving, caring and so in love with Jesus.
She cooked authentic Costa Rican meals for us every night...
and Danny was in heaven! 

So sweet! 
We had a couple of parties while she was here too. The first night we had a "latino" party and invited over all of Danny's Spanish-speaking friends. This is Maritza and Yvonne's mom, Yolanda.
Our good friends, Yvonne and Pablo
My sweet, sweet hubby!
Danny and his momma!
We spent Saturday shopping and taking her all around town. We got some cute clothes! She has so much energy and it was so fun staying busy all day. That night we had a BBQ at our house. Love summer parties!

On Sunday we went to church, went shopping and hung out around the house.
We also hosted life group at our house that night and Maritza made some yummy Costa Rican food for snacks! On Monday, I got my first professional photography backdrops in the mail. I was SO excited!
We had the best time with Maritza and I'm SO glad she was able to come visit. It was like "chicken soup for the soul" for Danny to spend time with his mom. He is such a momma's boy and we both miss her and Danny's dad so much.
I love Maritza so much and I'm so amazed at her passion for Christ. Danny's parents instilled in him a love for Jesus at a very early age. I am so blessed and thankful that he was raised in such a spiritual household, and couldn't ask for a better spiritual leader in our home.

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. -Joshua 24:15 

No comments: