Tuesday, July 5, 2011

little angel

I have at least 3 posts that I'm currently working on to catch up on our summer. But all I can think about today is the Casey Anthony trial.

I know there wasn't enough "concrete" physical evidence. I understand all of it was circumstantial. But I also believe that sometimes you just know what happened. And I believe in my heart that she killed her little girl. She ended the life of her little angel.

I got a text alert from the Orlando Sentinel that a verdict had been reached and I was able to watch it on my lunch break as they announced she was not guilty. I was absolutely SHOCKED. I thought to myself that she literally got away with murder. It's strange that I and so many others across the country felt so connected to this case, and that we felt such anger upon hearing there would not be justice for Caylee. I feel tremendous pain for George and Cindy Anthony. My heart aches for their family.

I know that Caylee is resting now with her Father, in His eternal kingdom that is FAR better than anything we could ever experience on earth. I know that Casey will face the ultimate judgement one day with our King. I also know that He is gracious and forgiving and we are so undeserving.

I'll pray tonight for Casey, that our Father touches her heart and that she asks for forgiveness. I'll pray for her parents, that they find peace through Him. And I'll pray for Caylee, giving thanks that she is dancing in Heaven with our Father and that He is holding her in the palm of His hand.

I know this sounds judgemental. I know she could really just be a pathological liar and not a murderer. I know I'm making insinuations. But I also know that 3 years ago the world lost a little angel.

We're praying for you, Caylee.

Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” -Matthew 19:13-14

No comments: