Friday, September 18, 2009

mes de septiembre

Sweet Nannie
On a very sad note, my paternal grandmother, Nannie, passed away on September 3rd, 2009.  She was 88 years old and was my last living grandparent.  She had been sick for a long time and God decided it was time to take her home.  I saw her two days before she died and I will never forget my last visit with her.  I know she is in a much better place. This is definitely a wound that is slow to heal.  I miss her so much..


Other Happenings:
The house is moving right along and we are hoping it will be finished by October 15th...fingers crossed :)  We are meeting the carpenter tomorrow morning at the house to tell him how we want our kitchen cabinets, etc.  The brick is finished and it looks really good.  My mother said "it's not what [she] would have picked out" ..haha!  But I love it.  I am starting to pick out furniture and think about how I'm going to decorate.  I love having a blank canvas to work it.  I want to get two chairs reupholstered for the living room and I also want to find someone who can make me some beautiful drapes for the living room and master bedroom.  If you know anyone who is talented in this area please let me know!  I will post updated pictures of the house as soon as I get home :)

Have a safe weekend!

No comments: