Tuesday, March 25, 2014

14 weeks

What a relief, joy, feeling of total excitement to finally say goodbye to the first trimester! Even though my 1st trimester was pretty easy (no nausea) I am still so glad to be in the 2nd tri!  I still can't believe I'm carrying this sweet miracle in my tummy.  Thank you Jesus!!!!!! We came up with a girl name that I LOVE yesterday, and I think we're pretty close on a boy name too!  I started looking at cribs yesterday online and I am sooo excited to start on the nursery soon.  HELLO 2ND TRIMESTER!!! :)

Side note - I photographed my first birth last week and it was such an amazing, spiritual experience. This mama gave birth naturally with no meds and I was SO impressed with how composed she was throughout her labor.  She made it look so easy.  I've always been pretty anti-medication with most things in my life, so I think I'm going to talk to my doctor about potentially trying a natural birth.  We will see!


Size of Baby: According to What to Expect, our sweet baby is the size of a lemon! I can't believe it - that seems so big!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still need to get a scale.  I have an appointment today and I'm going to ask the nurse how much I've gained. **UPDATE** I've gained 4 lbs!

Maternity Clothes: Pants are a joke - ha! Using the rubber band trick on my jeans and wearing lots of yoga pants during my shoots.  I haven't tried the belly band again but probably need to pull that out.  I think I'll wait a few more weeks if I can before buying maternity clothes.

Gender: I think it's a girl! :) **UPDATE** The heart rate today was 142, and my doctor said she thinks it's a boy based on that. We will see! 

Belly Button In/Out: In

 Stretch Marks: Not yet

Labor Signs: No

Movement: I don't think I can feel the baby moving - just lots of stretching, round ligament pain, etc.

Sleep: Sleep is great! Waking up during the night to use the bathroom.

What I miss: Not a thing!

What I am looking forward to: Finding out the gender!!!!!!

Cravings/Aversions: Mexican food, apples, sweets, sandwiches.

Symptoms: Heartburn, headaches, always congested/stuffy nose, stretching in my uterus, bloated :)

Best Moment This Week: Hitting the 2nd trimester milestone!  I cannot believe this sweet baby will be here in 6 months!!! We can't wait to meet you angel!

No comments: