Sunday, April 3, 2011

hello spring!

The last few weeks we have spent ALOT of time outside and the weather has been beautiful! I can't believe it's already spring. We went to the annual St. Paddy's Parade downtown with a group of friends on Saturday, March 19th and had a blast!
I went to the salon that morning to get my hair cut, and I met up with Danny and everyone around noon. Kevin and the guys cooked out and we had so much fun. 
It was the first year to have the parade without the Sweet Potato Queens, but I really didn't miss them to be honest. The parade was shorter which was probably a good thing! The next weekend (March 26th) Danny and I spent the day running errands. He helped my parents with their yard (for four hours!) and I layed by the pool and took our car to get the oil changed.
He also cut our front and back yards and I sat in the backyard and watched him. It was so relaxing.
I also put out a few spring decorations - love this cute little birdhouse!
Spring is here, which means pollen is here, which means Danny and I have been going crazy with our allergies! Poor Danny has felt worse than me. Pollen is the worst but I do love how our grass and plants (and weeds) are finally growing!
This weekend Danny's been in Destin deep sea fishing with some of his friends, so I've had a relaxing girls weekend! I went to dinner at Kathryn's Steakhouse with my parents, brother and aunt on Friday night. My little brother, Tyler, moved to Montana this weekend and Friday was his goodbye dinner. I am so excited for him and know he will have the time of his life out west! After dinner, Tyler and I met up with Derrick & Sarah and we went to an Irish bar downtown. We got home early and Tyler stayed at my house and we watched The Patriot - it was so random but I forgot how good that movie is! Yesterday I slept in and then layed by my parents' pool all day. I got a pedicure that afternoon and then met up with Sarah, Ashley, Jill, Rachael and Jessica for a girl's dinner at Babalu. We sat outside and enjoyed cocktails, tacos and tapas! It was so fun and we really need to do girls nights more often. Today's been pretty relaxing - I went to church this morning and then went over to my parents house and now I'm about to head to small group. I still haven't seen Danny (they are still driving back) so I can't wait to hear all about his trip.

Happy Spring, Yall!

1 comment:

LWLH said...

My allergies have been redic lately...that's the one thing I hate about spring.