Saturday, April 16, 2011

changing it up

The last week has brought us several new changes! I'll start with our new car...
This is our 2011 Toyota Scion XB. Our six year old Nissan Maxima was beginning to have some serious problems. We took a roadtrip to Memphis with Yvonne & Pablo last weekend (which was so fun! I'll post about that trip soon) and we took our car. The drive is three hours, and our A/C was blowing out warm air in the 80 degree heat. It was just too much. I think the transmission was acting up too, so we knew it was probably time to get rid of it before we had to put some serious money into fixing it. At first I wanted a Honda CRV, but we went to the Toyota dealership on Tuesday and left that same day with a new car! We both love it.
Danny washed it off as soon as we brought it home - haha! I think he's gonna take great care of the new ride ;)

We bought a new rug for our living room today and ended up changing the room a little bit. Here is the before and after picture:
The new rug is larger than the old one and I think it really pulls the room together. We also removed the table skirts and updated a few decorations. Click on the picture below to enlarge it (I couldn't get it any bigger on the page).
Another picture:
This is a beautiful painting my good friend Sarah did for me. I absolutely love it! She is SO talented!
I'm enjoying spending the entire weekend with my sweet hubby.
 I love it when we have no plans and can just relax and enjoy being together!

I was at work yesterday during the scary tornados. Believe it or not, I felt so much safer at work than at home because our building is concrete and metal (whereas our house is made of wood). I know it hit Clinton and Tuscaloosa really hard. Please keep all those affected by the storm in your prayers. God will provide!

1 comment:

LWLH said...

Love the new car and rug! Both are very impressive! :)