Tuesday, October 26, 2010

sweet october

I am so sorry it's been so long! The last 2 weeks have been super busy. I'm actually sitting in the airport right now waiting for my flight to Chicago so I finally have a minute to update (my flight is delayed and I will be sitting here for another hour - booo!).

Two weekends ago (Saturday, October 16) we had a BBQ party at our house and it was so fun! We had grilled chicken, turkey sausage, corn on the cob, dirty rice and sliced tomatoes. I even made cute halloween cookies for dessert (slice and bake - please don't get excited, ha!). About 15-20 of our friends were there and we love everyone who came so much! My sister was in town from LA and we had so much fun hanging out. I think the bonfire was still going until 3am! Here are some pictures from the party:

Our little backyard setup before everyone arrived.

 Yummy halloween cookies!
Hubby marinating the chicken

 My sis, Ashley (on the left) and our friend Beth
Everyone hanging out by the fire - our friend Yvonne brought graham crackers, chocolate and marshmellows to make smores! 

Jack and Kevin making margaritas...they were DELICIOUS!  
Kevin and Ash enjoying the strawberry margaritas 

You may have noticed that our fire-pit is well under way and hubby is almost finished building it! After alot of hard work...




...it now looks like this!

We obviously still have to finish the other half, but I love how it is turning out! We bought the rest of the stone this past weekend and Danny's almost done. I love it and I am so proud of him for building this for us! I'm sure we will be using this all the time once the weather cools down a little bit.

We are super excited about Halloween this weekend even though I still have not gotten a costume! We are going to a friend's costume party and I will post pictures soon after. I hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

Sarah Denley said...

So fun! Now I just wish it FELT like fall!

lacey said...

i LOVE your fire pit!! i want to come try it out!!