Thursday, March 25, 2010

working girl

These two words define who I've become over the last several months. I've had at least three friends refer to me this way. Why? Well for the first time in my life I have an actual career - a traveling, time-consuming, on my mind all the time career. I love it. I've also never been this busy in my life - and I love that even more. I actually just returned from Memphis this afternoon after spending the entire week there for business. A couple of weeks ago I spent an entire week in Dallas, and I will be heading back to Memphis in five weeks for work. I am really enjoying my job despite how busy I am. I find it fulfilling and I am so thankful for that. So please excuse my hiatus; I am going to make a conscious effort to update more often. I guess I need to update y'all on the entire month of March!

Well, first off, I want to say happy birthday to my blog! I started blogging exactly one year ago. My first blog entry seems like an eternity ago. Time really flies! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOG! I wish you many more to come. By the way, have I mentioned that I am going to make a Blurb book out of the first year of my blog? I used blurb to make our wedding book and it turned out phenomonal! If you have never used blurb before, take a look at their website. It is super user-friendly and you can create and publish your own book. So cool.

Last weekend was the annual St. Paddy's Day Parade in Jackson. It is one of the top St. Patrick's Day parades in the country (only behind New Orleans) and it is always so fun! It wasn't quite as sunny as last year but we still had a blast. We went with the same group of friends that we went with last year and it was great! And here are some snapshots:

Danny and I before the parade started.
The beginning of the parade!
Danny and some of his best friends - Jack and Caleb
Me, Danny and Lacey during the parade - it was so crowded!
Lizzy and I walking with one of the sweet potato queens! She wouldn't stop for a picture so we had to walk with her to get one (that's why my hair is blowing in the wind haha)
I grabbed the green afro off someone's head and just handed it to Danny - it was hilarious!
Some of the girls with the sweet potato queens
Danny trying to catch me some beads
Patrick and Lacey
Danny and I with the Storm Trooper from Star Wars!
Sweet Potato Queen - love her!
Our whole group after the parade. We had so much fun. Can't wait till next year!
Talk to you soon! :)

No comments: