Monday, February 22, 2010

everything

A little bit of this, a little bit of that:

--I am deathly afraid of heights. When I was in Costa Rica (and Santa Barbara) we had to drive over huge mountains to get where we were going. There is something about driving 50 miles an hour on the edge of a cliff that terrifies me. I have absolute panic attacks and feel like we will tumble to our death at any minute. I guess I'm dramatic but it really scares me.
--Since moving in our new house I have become obsessed with gardening/landscaping. We went to Home Depot yesterday and bought some flower seeds and Danny insisted that we buy these giant Sunflower seeds (the ones that grow like 6 feet tall). I'm sure they will never grow but it's the thought that counts. We also looked at trees to plant around our house because our neighborhood is tree-less! So far all our house has outside is dead sod but I am determined to beautify our yard by Spring!
--As of today, I decided to let Hubby manage all of our finances. This should have happened a long time ago (especially since he is in the banking industry). Not having to worry about when a bill is due or if my account is going to overdraw? Yes, please.
--I've embraced the fact that we will be traveling alot this year and already started looking online for bathing suits and summer clothes.
--We should be receiving our tax refund within the next few weeks and we are already planning out how we will spend it. We were eligible for the first time homebuyers tax credit and it is glorious.
--I am trying to take my New Year's resolution seriously by gonig to the gym whenever I can (Monday-Thursday, of course. Who works out on the weekend? Not me!). My goal is to lose about 10 lbs. I've been having some health problems recently (nothing serious) and Danny's mom suggested that I try hot chamomile tea. So we went to Rainbow Grocery (an organic/super healthy grocery store downtown) and bought some and it has been wonderful! It tastes so fresh and light and really has been making me feel a little better. Thanks, Maritza!
--I am getting more and more excited about Mexico (even though it is 6 months away)! I can't even remember the last time we had an entire week to ourselves without any responsibilities. Cannot wait!
--One of my best friends just finished writing his first book and he is looking for an agent. I know this is a long shot but if anyone knows anyone please let me know! It is based on his great-grandfather's 200 page diary that he found in his parent's attic. It documents his time in World War I. It should be absolutely amazing and I cannot wait for him to get published!
--Romans 8:38-39 is my favorite bible verse.
--Danny and I have been married 530 days. I know I always say this, but it really does feel like yesterday. I love him so much and can't imagine my life without him.

No comments: