Wednesday, January 20, 2010

hi friends

Let me start off the post by saying that no, I don't have any pictures to post. So sorry.

The last few weeks have been so busy for us.  I got a promotion at work and have been working alot.  I've realized that when you're busy the days fly by so quickly, so I am trying to savor every moment.

By the way, I am sitting in a coffee house right now and just heard the tornado sirens, and a cop drove by yelling on his loud speaker that "a tornado has been spotted in the immediate area"...scary!


Let me recap our last few weeks:

-Danny returned from a two week trip to Costa Rica on January 5th. I was so happy to see him. He brought home some beautiful pieces of pottery for me and we had a little mini Christmas celebration.
-On January 9th we volunteered at the MS Blues Marathon downtown. I kid you not, it was 18 degrees. We were freezing! It actually was really fun despite having to wake up at 5:30am and brave the cold.
-Our builder had to refinish some tile in our master bath - so that has been an ongoing project.
-We decided to be crafty and refinish a piece of my grandmother's furniture that I inherited and it turned out beautiful.
-I've starting painting again.
-Danny decided he wants to build a privacy fence in our backyard. By himself. We'll see how that goes ;)

Sidenote - the weather is getting really bad. Siren is still going off and I'm seeing lightning every 2 minutes. Yikes.


Someone asked us again the other day when we want to have kids. My answer? We are in no hurry. Maybe five years? Maybe later. We're really not thinking about that right now. But I do want kids so bad one day. Which got me thinking...we should take advantage of the years we have of just us, with no kids, and really travel and do all the things we want do. So we are planning a big vacation this year. I want to go to St. Lucia for a week, and Danny wants to go to Jamaica. We both want to go to Mexico, so we may compromise. Still in the early planning stages but I am really excited! I get 19 vacation days this year and I am definitely going to take advantage of them.

Our house is starting to really feel like home. It's taken a few months, but everything is finally falling into place. I love our little life in our little house.

Hubby asked me today: "When are you going to update your blog?" WHAT!! YOU READ MY BLOG?! I almost died. Great, great day in my blog world. I always knew no matter how mortified he acts that he secretly reads it everyday ;)

Ok, another sidenote - people keep running in and out of the coffee shop freaking out about the tornado. Should I leave? Or is it too dangerous to drive and I should just stay here? Hubby is still at work. Things are really quiet outside right now but it is so dark. I've always heard that it gets quiet right before the storm. I hope the tornado is not creeping around the corner....


I also have never mentioned my new years resolution - to lose some weight. I pay $50 a month for a gym  membership and haven't been since August. How pitiful is that? Danny gets super irritated because it's a ladies gym so he can't even go! Haha! I really am going to start working out again. Hubby wants to start exercising too so he is going to buy a bike - how fun!

I love blogging and I really value all of my "blog" friends. I love this creative outlet. I love how this really is a little community. I also love reading your blogs: getting decorating ideas, recipes, baby updates, everything! So, thank you for being such a supportive community of blogettes.

Have to go now. Weather is really, really bad. I'll finish this post tomorrow!

5 comments:

Amy said...

yikes! hope you're okay and that the weather settled down....
glad to read the update - sounds like you have been busy! i highly recommend taking a trip with just the two of y'all and traveling as much as you can before you have a baby. as much as i love love love having my sweet girl, it definitely changes the dynamic between a hubby and wife. can't wait for more updates...and pictures! =)

Ashley said...

I'm glad to know everything is going well :) I love knowing how everyone in blog world is doing!

Sarah Denley said...

I was wondering where you had gone ;).

I would make a list (because that is how I deal with everything important in life) of some things you want to do/places you want to visit/ect. before you have kids and then DO IT!

I hope all these people aren't driving you crazy, y'all haven't even been married that long! People have started asking when we're planning another one (like we planned this one, ha!) and even though I kind of have an idea, it weirds me out!

AsheAnn said...

I was beginning to get worried.

I hope you are doing well, and staying away from the tornados.

My husband has just recently re-joined a gym, I am not a gym goer, but I plan on doing my jillian michaels Wii game, and maybe start doing my YOGA BOOTY BAllet dvds from when I was a in college, thos were a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

keep writing....love reading your tales.....