Tuesday, July 21, 2009

our gourmet kitchen

Danny and I have jumped headfirst into this craft called "cooking". Let me be the first to say that neither one of us are master chefs (unlike my little brother, Tyler, who is a chef at City Grocery in Oxford, MS). But the more we cook, the more comfortable I feel in the kitchen. If you give me a basic recipe, I feel pretty confident that I can at least put something on a plate. On that note, here are a few menu items that we have tried within the last few weeks. Alot of times, we are just too tired from working all day to cook. But I'm really going to try to start cooking homemade meals at least 2-3 times a week. Soul food just tastes so much better than fast food ;)

Turkey Spaghetti with Garlic Bread and Salad (one of our favorites - this seems to be a weekly staple)
Chicken Tetrazzini
Italian Beef Casserole
Garlic Herb Grilled Chicken, Dirty Rice, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Veggies, Garlic Bread
Turkey Tacos with Cucumber Salad

Marinated Vegetables
Boiled Shrimp with Salad
Mexican Pie
Italian Pasta Bake

No comments: