Friday, June 26, 2009

the day the music died

August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009
Your music transcends time - you are a true legend and will be missed. Rest in peace.
Danny and I were sitting in the living room flipping through the channels when we saw the headline on E!News: Michael Jackson is Dead. We were in shock. Is this really happening? He is only 50 years old! Michael Jackson had a big impact on Danny's life when he was growing up - and I could tell he almost cried when he saw that headline on tv. I mean MJ is timeless! I wasn't even born when Thriller came out, and yet it is one of the most defining songs of the last 30 years. He was a true entertainer and legend, and I honestly do not think we will ever see anyone like him again. What a sad day yesterday was. I hope you find peace, Michael.

No comments: